Temporary Outdoor Dining Application: 

On June 2, 2020, City of Industry City Council approved the expansion of outdoor dining for all eating establishments in the City of Industry with approval of a Temporary Outdoor Dining Application. There are no fees to the Application which is applicable to all full service and fast food restaurants with a City of Industry Business License. For more information, please contact the Planning Department. All requests can be e-mailed to planning@cityofindustry,org

Temporary Outdoor Dining Application

Development Applications:

Development Plan Application – Short Form

Is commonly used for minor development plans/interior improvement projects (T.I.).

  • Improvements that are valued at less than $75,000
  • Improvements that are exempt from CEQA

Development Plan Application – Long Form (Check with a planner before you start filling out this application)

A more in-depth review process by which the Planning Department works with internal and external stakeholders to identify the requirements and conditions of approval for a development project. Issues identified in a review are resolved before plan check or a Planning Commission or City Council hearing date. 

Conditional Use Permit (Check with a Planner before you start filling out this application)

A Conditional Use Permit "CUP" is required for certain activities and uses which are permitted by the zoning code, only if they can be found to be compatible with surrounding uses. These situations are considered on a case-by-case basis. It is up to the applicant to show that the use being proposed is acceptable in the location proposed and is of general benefit to the City, compatible surrounding uses, and consistent with the City's General Plan. 

Lot Line Adjustment Application

A Lot Line adjustment is a routine procedure that may be used under certain circumstances as a method for making minor revisions to property lines between two or more existing parcels or for consolidating parcels. This procedure is intended to be used only in situations where the Subdivision Map Act and the Subdivision Code does not apply to the proposed parcel adjustments. 

Parcel Map Application

The purpose of a Parcel Map is to show the subdivision of land into parcels for sale. Parcel Maps shall be processed and reviewed by the Planning Department and the City's designated engineer. 

Zone Change Application

Zone Exception Application

A Zone Change and Zone Exception are required when a proposed use is not consistent with the established zoning of a property. Approval from the City Council is required and all changes must be consistent with the City's General Plan. 

Zone Code Amendment Application 

A Zoning Code Amendment Application is a request to change the text of the City of Industry's Zoning Ordinance. Please contact the Planning Department prior to filling out this application. 

General Plan Amendment Application

A General Plan Amendment Application is a request to change the General Plan Land Use designation of parcel in the City of Industry or other changes to the City's General Plan. Please contact the Planning Department prior to filling out this application. 

• Zoning Compliance Letter Request (Please contact the Planning Department at to request a Zoning letter)

Over the Counter & Other Applications:

Re-Roof Application

Sign Approval Application

Special Event Application

Temporary outdoor events are permitted with approval from the Planning Department and the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department. This includes: fund-raising events, parking lot sales, promotional events and any seasonal activities provided the special events do not occur on the same lot with more than 2 events in any one year period and do not continue on the same lot for more than 7 successive days. 

Temporary Banner Application

• Temporary Street Parking (Please contact the Planning Department at to    request Temporary Street Parking)

Film Permits -For filming within the City of Industry please contact Film LA 

Construction & Demolition "C&D":

As of January 1, 2017, California's Green Building Standards (CALGreen) have changed.  The new requirements are as follows: all jurisdictions, including those without a C&D ordinance are required to meet the diversion rate of 65% of construction waste.  The owners/builders of construction projects are required to divert 65% of the construction waste materials generated during the project. All construction debris in the City of Industry must go through the City's Franchise Hauler per section 8.20.140 of the City Ordinance. The Franchise Hauler will pick up all construction debris, divert it, and record all of the tonnages for each construction project. Additionally, the Franchise Hauler will work with the project manager to help the project achieve the 65% diversion rate requirement by the State.


 Schedule of Fees 2019

 Schedule of Fees 2020

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader Flash Player Download Flash Player Windows Media Player Download Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Download Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Download Word Viewer Excel Viewer Download Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer