City Hall Front Counter Closed Effective Immediately. To report a non-essential business, please contact the LA County Industry Sheriff's Department at (626) 330-3322.


Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option


Contractors and subcontractors performing work in the city, but are not located in the City, are NOT required to obtain a Use Permit or business license if providing services in the City of Industry.

Chapter 17.44 of the Industry Municipal Code requires that any person, corporation or other business establishment who wishes to conduct a business within the City of Industry must first secure a Use Permit.

A separate permit is required for each branch or location of business. Use Permits are not transferable. A new permit must be obtained when there is a change of ownership or a change of the business name. BEFORE YOU APPLY...

Contact our office to discuss the details of your particular business operation. Inquire about City zoning requirements for your type of business and its planned location. This information can be obtained from the Planning/Zoning Department at (626) 333-2211.

In addition to obtaining a Use Permit, you must also comply with all City, County, and State regulations for zoning, building, health and safety.

Use Permit Application forms are available at:
City of Industry
15625 East Stafford Street #100
City of Industry, CA 91744
(626) 333-2211

A Use Permit Application can be mailed upon request.


There is not a fee for the Use Permit. The Use Permit does not need to be renewed on a yearly basis. If there is a change in ownership or business name, a new Use Permit would need to be obtained.


The City of Industry has a sign ordinance. If you plan to install a new sign, or make changes in a sign that has been installed previously, please contact the Planning/Zoning Department. Sign applications will not be processed until the applicant has secured a Use Permit.


The City of Industry has a special event ordinance. Any business wishing to hold a special event or hang temporary banners must first secure a Special Event Permit. Please contact the Planning/Zoning Department. Special Event Applications will not be processed until the applicant has secured a Use Permit.


Any person violating any section of the Industry Municipal Code pertaining to Use Permits, Special Event Permits, or Sign Permits, is guilty of a misdemeanor and upon conviction thereof shall be punishable by a fine not to exceed five hundred dollars, or by imprisonment in the county jail for not to exceed six months, or both. Each separate day or any portion thereof during which the violation occurs or continues constitutes a separate offense.


Click a link below to see the corresponding service's contact information.