- No city business license fees
- No wholesale or retail fees
- No manufacturing fees
- No professional tax
- No utility tax
- No hours of operation restrictions
- Proximity to a widely-diversified labor pool
- Foreign trade zone
- Close proximity to 4 major freeways, 2 transcontinental rail lines, 2 international airports and the Ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach
- Space for industrial expansion with 92% of the City zoned for Industrial uses and 8% zoned for commercial uses
- Centrally located in Los Angeles County with a population of over 10 million people
- Among the lowest rates in LA County for truck, employee health and accident insurance.
- High-quality of life with close proximity to excellent schools, parks, and greenbelts as well as a low crime rate
- Conference center and exposition space
- Resort facilities, hotels, golf courses and more than 50 restaurants
- An active business organization (link to the IMC)
- Attractive and modern business, warehouse and manufacturing facilities
1. Business ChecklistHere in the City of Industry, we want to make opening or expanding a business as easy as possible for you. Click here to view our comprehensive Step-by-Step Startup Guide.
2. Business Watch ProgramWe are uniquely positioned as an industrial city with a relatively low population density to provide the Industry Station of the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department with added resources to proactively patrol our city and businesses. Due to these added resources, deputy sheriffs are able to focus on issues such as traffic flow and quality of life and are able to form dedicated task forces to address issues.
City of Industry businesses enjoy exceptional support from the Industry Sheriff’s Station including in-person meetings with deputies to help guide the development of your business in a way that deters crime and keeps your facility safe.
At our city, we have the Business Watch Program focused on protecting businesses in the city. The city provides funding for additional officer hours to provide patrols for businesses 24 hours a day. There is also state-of-the-art technology used to track materials to protect against theft and regional programs to deal with gang reduction and youth.
Contact InformationAbout Business Watch: Sergeant Ray Gutierrez at (626) 330-3322
Crime-Related Issues: Industry LA County Sheriff’s Station at (626) 330-3322
Non-Urgent Code Violations: Please file a claim with code enforcement. (link to report a problem)
If you or someone else is in danger, please call 9-1-1.
3. Doing Business with the CityThe City of Industry frequently has opportunities for contractors to bid on city projects. Contractors may apply for open bids with the City of Industry by visiting our vendor portal.
For more information about how to do business with the City or to register your business on Planet Bids to be notified of bid opportunities, please contact ______ at (626) 333-2211.
The City of Industry includes an industrial inventory base of 155 million square feet and an overall vacancy rate below six percent. Offering excellent freeway, rail, and air accessibility; close proximity to major ports and the Los Angeles market; and a diverse labor pool, the City of Industry has grown into a prime distribution, logistics, office and retail location. Zoned almost entirely for business, our city is one of the few destinations in Los Angeles County where companies have space for industrial expansion.
Current Available Sites
Arnel Commercial Properties
CB Richard Ellis
Cushman & Wakefield
The City of Industry Planning Department has four different types of business licenses. Please note that contractors and subcontractors performing work in the city, but that are not located in the city, are NOT required to obtain business license if providing services in the City of Industry. If you are a business other than a contractor, please contact the Planning Department to determine which business license application you need to fill out.
City of Industry
15625 East Stafford Street #100
City of Industry, CA 91744
[4 buttons to different permits (short form, CUP, business license, ownership change, contractors business license)]
There is no fee for business licenses in the city and licenses do not need to be renewed on a yearly basis.
The San Gabriel Valley is home to over 1.7 million residents. There are local employment opportunities in manufacturing, trade service, retail, government, transportation, finance, insurance, real estate, construction, and education. While the City of Industry is only 3.1 percent of the total land area in the San Gabriel Valley, it is the source of more than 37 percent of all the basic manufacturing jobs in the Valley communities. The City of Industry represents an important anchor in the strength and stability of the regional economy.
Jobs with the City
For information regarding current employment opportunities with the City of Industry, click here.
West Covina – CA Employment Development Department: Workforce Services Office
933 S. Glendora Avenue
West Covina, CA 91790
Office Hours: Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Los Angeles Economic & Workforce Development Department