Benefits of locating in Industry

Print
Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Located within the core of a 40 mile radius, encompassing Los Angeles, Orange County and the Inland Empire, the City of Industry enjoys numerous resources for transportation, providing excellent support for firms located within the city.

Firms in the city are serviced by both the Union Pacific and Southern Pacific transcontinental railroads, both running westerly to Los Angeles and easterly toward Riverside. Southern Pacific operates a mainline switching yard and major intermodal (piggy-back) facility in the city which cuts delivery and transit times substantially.

In addition, a 41-mile rail bypass opens the City of Industry directly into both of the West Coast's largest seaports - Los Angeles Harbor and the Port of Long Beach.

The City of Industry is bordered by four major freeways. The Pomona Freeway also intersects the Long Beach (710), San Gabriel River (605) and Orange (57) Freeways, providing direct access to Orange County markets. The San Bernardino (10) Freeway borders the city on the north.

More than 50 major trucking lines are franchised to serve the area. Overnight delivery can be made to all major California cities, as well as Phoenix, Arizona and Las Vegas, Nevada.

Local and Los Angeles bus service is provided by the Metropolitan Transit Authority and Foothill Transit, while state and nationwide service is available through Greyhound and Continental Trailways. In addition, Metrolink, a community rail line which serves nearby communities, has a station in the city.

Air transportation is available at any of the three leading airports serving the Greater Los Angeles area as well as several local private airports. The City of Industry is located 18 miles from Ontario International Airport and approximately 40 miles from both Los Angeles International and John Wayne Airport. The airports have excellent air freight facilities. Private aircraft facilities are also available at Brackett Field in La Verne, 9 miles away, and El Monte Airport, just 8 miles away.

The City of Industry offers a wide range of facilities to suit the specialized needs of companies desiring to locate within its boundaries. Available facilities range from light industrial, warehousing, distribution and retail, office suites as well as buildings suitable for corporate headquarters.

The land in the City of Industry is still in transition from an agricultural area into an industry-dedicated urban complex. More than 15% of Industry's area awaits full-potential development. The remaining 85% of the available land has been developed at a ratio of 92% industrial and 8% commercial.

The land represents nearly 10% of the total industrial acreage in Los Angeles County.

There are four major areas of commercial activity located within the City of Industry. The Puente Hills Mall, with over 200 retail outlets, is one of Southern California's largest shopping centers. The Plaza at Puente Hills is a 66-acre, $20 million complex, with over 600,000 square feet of retail stores and restaurants. The Puente Hills East Business Center and the Crossroads Business Park which occupies 110 acres adjacent to the intersection of major freeways, will encompass 1.2 million square feet of contemporary office, research and development facilities when completed.

One of the largest industrial park developments ever undertaken in the San Gabriel Valley has recently been completed. The city's redevelopment agency selected Koll Real Estate Group to develop the 1.3-million-square-foot industrial park. The $55 million project is located near the Pomona Freeway and Grand Avenue, on the city's east end. The project is expected to generate more than 1,200 jobs and $25 million in annual revenues.